There are dozens of prescription opiates on the market today. These drugs are used to treat pain in individuals who are dealing with chronic, short term, or even minor injury pain, and they are highly addictive. Prescription opiates are not something to use unless you are in serious need of these drugs because sometimes the risk can be too much for any one person to handle.
The most commonly used prescription opiates include:
- Codeine – treatment for moderate pain and a cough suppressant. Codeine is combined with several other drugs to have more availability for different pains and problems.
- Methadone – given to heroin and morphine addicts as a way to help ease the side effects of withdrawal.
- Oxycodone – reduces moderate to severe pain, and is combined with other drugs such as aspirin and acetaminophen.
- Fentanyl – 80 times more potent than morphine, fentanyl comes in patch form and is mainly prescribed to individuals who are suffering from chronic pain.
These Drugs are Very Strong and Can Be Very Dangerous if Abused
These drugs mentioned all have very high addictive natures, and many people overdose on these drugs every single year.
All prescription opiates have risks such as:
- Muscle and bone pain
- Respiratory depression
- Circulatory collapse
- Cardiac arrest
- Death is always a possibility
Call Us Toll-Free Today For More Information
Risks like the few mentioned can come even if you are using them to treat a medical pain. When you use them for recreational use, you increase your chances for these risks greatly. Knowing about prescription opiate drugs, and learning how to face the problem of addiction that you might be facing head on is something that you have to decide on your own.
To get help for your addiction to prescription opiates, or to learn more about the risks that come with taking prescription opiates, call now.