Prescription Drugs in America
Prescription drugs in America are used for depression, pain, sleeping, excessive hyperactivity, weight gain, etc., and this is NOT acceptable. Prescription drugs are becoming more and more common in modern America, and children as young as ten are being prescribed these drugs for pain and other disorders. The prescription drug addiction epidemic in America began when these drugs became so readily available, and it is continuing to grow as the numbers of drugs are being created and distributed.
Successful Help For Rx Drugs in American and Addiction
Using prescription drugs for minor problems or using them just because you cannot control your child is what is causing the prescription drug addiction plague in America. Several statistics taken in recent years shows how prescription drugs in America are affecting the population, and how these drugs being so readily available is not a good thing to the health and future of America.
These statistics include:
- 6.2 million Americans admitted to abusing prescription drugs in one month in the year 2008
- 60% of people over the age of 60 taking prescription drugs for chronic pain are addicted to their prescription medications
- Individuals between the ages of 12 and 25 are five times more likely to use prescription drugs as recreational than they were 25 years ago
- Prescription drug abuse is the fastest growing segment of illegal drug use in the United States today
- One out of five teens admitted that they have abused prescription drugs to get high, and one out of seven reported doing so in the past year
- Recent tests show that six times more people died from prescription drug overdose this year as opposed to overdoses of all illegal drugs combined
- The number of emergency room visits due to prescription drug abuse increased by 97 percent from 2004 to 2008
Prescription drugs in America are ruining teens and adults alike, and without treatment, this country will soon be consumed by addiction and abuse of prescription drugs. To do your part, get help for your prescription drug abuse or addiction problem.
Contact Us Today For More Information With Prescription Drugs In America
For more information on prescription drugs in America, please contact one of our qualified professionals today.