Substance abuse is a debilitating disease that weakens the user’s physical health and damages personal relationships, leaving the user feeling physically sick and emotionally isolated. Addicts often deny that they have a problem, lying to themselves and those around them about the extent of their substance abuse. Some users never make it out of this state of denial, but thankfully, some do. Acknowledging the addiction may be brought about when friends and family stage an intervention, or it may be triggered something as dramatic as a health scare or being fired from work. Those who honestly admit that they have an addiction and need help must begin the daunting process of selecting an addiction treatment program. At first, this selection may feel overwhelming, but there are addiction referral services available to ease the process.
Drug Rehab Referral
Whether you struggle with alcohol or drug addiction–whether it is to heroin, cocaine, crystal meth, or prescription painkillers–there is a program out there for you. As you begin your search for a treatment program, there are many factors to consider, including:
- Substance abuse requiring treatment: programs may be tailored to alcohol addiction or to specific drugs such as prescription painkillers, heroin, marijuana, etc.
- Medical needs associated with treatment: withdrawal from certain substances requires medical supervision, and medication-assisted treatment is available for some drugs of abuse, such as heroin and other opiates
- Inpatient vs. outpatient programs: outpatient treatment may be insufficient for some addictions
- Cost: while no one can put a price on your health, finances certainly impact your choice of rehab programs. You will need to determine whether you have insurance coverage for substance abuse treatment; if so, how much it will cover, and what you can personally contribute.
- Length of treatment: longer stays can be associated with lower relapse rates, but can be challenging because of the separation from loved ones and the long absence from work. We can help you determine what best suits your needs.
- Religious considerations: faith-based programs are available if desired
- History of success for any given approach
- Success rate for a specific facility
- User’s previous attempts at rehab
- Aftercare programs to prevent relapse
These are just a selection of critical considerations to be made when sorting through the available options. When you are already feeling the stress of deciding to enter treatment, investigating these factors can feel like an added burden. A referral service can help guide you through this process. Trained staff can understand your specific needs by interviewing you over the phone or by reading your an online assessment. Once they understand the particulars of your situation, they can provide rehab referrals based on your requirements and their knowledge of various providers of drug addiction treatment. This process includes guiding you through:
- Assignment to a detox facility
- Selection of and admission to a drug and alcohol treatment program
- Coordination after admission to ensure retention at the treatment center
- Follow up and referral for post-treatment care to prevent relapse
4Rehabilitation Drug Rehab
Our goal at 4Rehabilitation Drug Rehab Referral Service is to guide you through the process of locating and selecting the treatment approach that best fits your needs, with minimal stress, so that you can focus on recovery. Our trained staff understands the pain and stress of substance abuse and its impact on the user and the user’s family and friends. We have established, trusted relationships with drug treatment centers and can provide you with information on the treatment and recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. Let us help you break the cycle of addiction today. Call our toll-free number and begin your journey toward recovery.